Redemption Games is a growing highly ambitious mobile game studio based in coastal, north San Diego county. We offer competitive market salaries, meaningful stock options, full benefits including high quality medical, dental and vision plans. Most importantly, you will get a chance to work with an exceptional team that is building incredible games.
Redemption Games is seeking talent in the following areas:
Sr./ Lead Unity Engineers
Games / Level Designers
Mobile Games Tester
What makes us Unique:
We have already assembled an amazing team with backgrounds from Zynga, Google, Amazon and SGN Games. We know what it takes to compete at the top of the grossing chart and we are excited about implementing the insights we have learned over the last 8 years of creating free to play games to do so once again.
- Great office in Carlsbad, Ca. just a few miles from the ocean
- Flexible work hours prime location
- Team Building events happy hours/social gatherings
- Catered lunches every day
Sr. / Lead Unity Engineers
As a Sr. Unity Engineer you will drive and implement our games success. Do you understand the nuances and quirks of UIGUI and stay up-to-date with new technologies, programming practices, and tools? Are you a game fanatic? Keep reading we want to talk to you.
What you’ll do:
- Implement game functionality as per design document and specification
- Design implementation approach to take game road map into account
- Communicate with other team members to establish pipeline and integrate media assets
- Provide regular feedback to project lead as to implementation issues
- Address bugs and other technical issues identified for subsequent release
- Expert knowledge of Unity3D Pro including Unity GUI, asset bundles, materials/shaders, and iPhone/Android deployment.
- Graphics Development (Particle Systems, Shaders).
- Strong knowledge of C# and the .net framework 2.0 or above.
- 2+ years experience working with Unity
- Shipped at least 1 mobile title in Unity
- BS or MS in Computer Science
- 5+ years programming experience
Games Level Designer
As a Games/Level Designer you will apply experience developing mobile game and working with a talented team of game developers. Your work will enhance the player experience by scripting interesting encounters and small side quests to simulate a living world. You do this by creatively using existing ingredients.
What you will do:
- Design fun and engaging levels
- Play through and revise live levels
- Give feedback on other designers levels
- Balance and tune levels based on feedback/data
- Keep up to date on current trends in the casual gaming market
- Focus on puzzle mechanics
- Strong understanding of casual game market
- Currently play or have played leading casual games
- Have worked on at least one game project either alone or with a team. This may be a personal or school project
- Work well in a small team, are open to constructive criticism, know how to listen and give feedback to others
- Motivated and eager to use our in-house, visual scripting tools to tackle both game and level design problems
- Good at storytelling to put content into context.
- Any technical background in programming or scripting would be very beneficial.
- Any experience with 3D world and level building tools; (eg Maya, Unity, Unreal,etc).
Mobile Games Tester
What you will do:
- Logging and tracking bugs in JIRA databases.
- Regressing and closing bugs upon completion.
- Creating and maintaining test cases against games and logging issues.
- Assisting QA lead and others on projects as needed.
- Coordinating with external QA teams to review testing status.
- Understanding game client/server interaction and testing approaches.
- Minimum of 2 years game testing experience.
- Minimum of 1 year mobile testing experience.
- Able to work independently or in small teams effectively.
- Excellent written and communication skills.
- Understanding of a test cycle and software development.
- Ability to handle shifting schedules.
- Ability to change tasks quickly and efficiently.
- Inquisitive mindset with a passion for “Free to Play” games.
- Experience with network testing, client/server interaction
- Experience working in a LiveOps environment
- Basic knowledge of JIRA
- Plan, design, and develop an application or system
- Develop, create, and modify software for desktop, web, and mobile platforms
- Work with different platform environments such as Linux/Windows and embedded devices
- Generate software requirements, design documents, interface control documents and unit test plans
- Analyze user needs, then design, test, and develop software to meet those needs
- Collaborate with other computer specialists to create complete software
- Recommend software upgrades for existing programs and systems
- Utilize graduate level research and analysis skills.
Employer will accept Master's degree in Computer Science or related technical field. Education or experience must include:
1) Developing and testing software using C, C++, Java, bash, Python, and Assembly programming languages;
2) Developing software on Linux, Windows and embedded platforms;
3) Experience in relational database such as Oracle;
4) Knowledge of OO Design and UML to design software applications, especially on different platforms like Linux and embedded environments;
5) Developing complex hardware interfaces on platforms like Linux;
6) Experience in networking protocol such as TCP/IP.
Please email us firstname.lastname@example.org